What is Paralysis? Paralysis Treatment With Ayurveda in Dubai.
Paralysis is the complete loss of muscle function in an affected limb or muscle group.
- The chain of nerve cells that runs from the brain through the spinal cord out to the muscle is called the motor pathway.
- Normal muscle function requires intact connections all along this motor pathway.
- Damage at any point reduces the brain’s ability to control muscle movements.
- This reduced efficiency causes weakness also called paresis. Complete loss of communication prevents any willed movements at all.
This lack of control is called paralysis.
- Damage in the brain or spinal cord (UMN lesion) or
- Damage to the nerves outside the spinal cord, the peripheral nervous system (LMN lesion).
- Stroke, trauma with nerve injury, poliomyelitis, multiple sclerosis, tumor, cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy, etc.
The degree and extent of neurological deficit depend upon the location and extension of damage to the brain cells or nervous system. e.g. Monoplegia: Affecting only one limb, Diplegia Affecting the same body region on both sides of the body, Hemiplegia: Affecting one side of the body, Paraplegia: Affecting both legs and trunk and Quadriplegia: Affecting all four limbs and the trunk
In certain cases, along with motor deficits, disturbance of speech (aphasia or dysarthria), loss of higher mental functions, numbness, tingling, pain, problems with balance, and changes in vision are also observed. Spinal cord injury often causes loss of function in the bladder, bowel, and sexual organs.
Paralysis finds an extensive description of Ayurvedic texts caused by the derangement of Vata Dosa. Ayurveda has proved to be one of the most effective treatment methodologies for neurological disorders including Paralysis. Due to limitations in modern medicine, following acute episodes of the causative condition, it is highly recommendable to take Ayurvedic treatments. Ayurveda provides Preventive, Curative & Rehabilitative measures for the management of Paralysis.
PREVENTIVE & CURATIVE APPROACH:
- Identification of risk factors & their treatment can prevent the occurrence of stroke.
- External and internal treatment modalities. Oral medications typically include herbs with proven antihypertensive, anti cholesterolemic & anti-Stress actions.
- Panchakarma treatment & Body therapies such as Abhyangam and its traditional variants act on improving the nervous system functions and help to gain lost function.
At Kerala Ayurvedic Centre, we offer traditional treatment options including Panchakarma therapies along with oral medications for treating paralysis. We undertake traditional therapies such as Udwarthanam, Dhanyamla Dhara, Abhyangam, Sweden, Sneha vasthi, Virechanam, Nasyam, Karnapooranam, Sirovasthi, Sarvanga Dhara(pizhichil), Sirodhara, Siro Pichu, Njavara kizhi, etc as per the necessity and condition of the patient about 2-5 weeks. Apart from these diet and lifestyle modifications are essential throughout the treatment of paralysis. After the treatment, we even provide Rasayana (Strengthening) & Apunarbhava (Preventive) treatment adjuncts as well.
Remember – Early intervention of Ayurvedic treatment maximizes the recovery chances of paralysis condition.
For more details about our treatments logon to http://www.keralaayurvedicdubai.com
Blog Written by Dr. Raseena Jamsheed Practicing Ayurvedic Physician at Kerala Ayurvedic Centre