Swasthya – Healthybeing
- Health is not merely a matter of the state of the body, since it is obvious that we are much more than just this material form. AYURVEDA views health as much more than the absence of disease. Ayurveda promotes living in peace with our natural surroundings as well as maintaining the inner equilibrium of the body. It considers people to be parts of their natural habitat, not independent entities.
- Modern day health system takes into account the structure and functioning of the physical body, but these aspects alone cannot effectively address human health in its totality.
- Ayurveda is not just a medicinal approach to health; rather it is a complete paradigm of life. It gives equal importance to the parts of life which are more subjective and intangible, and to those which are objective and material (those aspects that we can observe with our physical senses). It is a view of life which understands that the non-material components of our lives – our consciousness, mind, thoughts, feelings and emotions – animate and direct our more physical parts.
Basic Principles Of Ayurveda
- Ayurveda’s fundamental approach to well-being is that one must reach their unique state of balance in their whole being—body, mind, and spirit.
- Panchamahabhuta and Tridosaconcept: As per Ayurveda, theuniverse, including human beings, are composed of five basic elements (or Panchamahabhutas): space, air, fire, water and earth.These five elements in turn combine with each other to give rise to three bio-physical forces (or Doshas) within the human body- Vata(air and space),Pitta(fire and water) and Kapha(water and earth). Together they are known as Tridosha and govern all the biological, physiological and psychological functions of the mind and body, both, physical and emotional, as well as effecting how an individual interacts with everything around them.
- PrakruthiConcept : According to Ayurveda, each person will be influenced by certain elements more than others. This is because of their prakriti, or natural constitution. Ayurveda suggests specific lifestyle and nutritional guidelines to help individuals reduce the excess dosha.
- Take your Prakriti Analysis and know more about yourself and take control of the choices you make The first line of defense in combating body imbalances is to remove the cause of the problems. Detecting the root cause and treating the same takes longer than alleviating the symptoms, which is why Ayurvedic treatment process outcomes are not faster as Western Systems of Medicine.
- Always support the Digestive fire (Agni), so that nutrition can be absorbed and waste materials can be eliminated which is the fundamental requirement to run all bodily functions.
Ayurveda And Remedies
Ayurveda offers a number of ways to balance doshas and find your well-being. The key is to find balance with a holistic approach—addressing mind, body, and spirit. Ayurvedic remedies draw on a number of modalities:
- Diet modifications
- Lifestyle and Activity adjustments
- Herbal Supplements
- Yoga, Pranayama (Breath Techniques), and Meditation
- Marma (Energetic Pressure Points)
- Cleansing Processes, such as Panchakarma
- And much more!
To learn more about an individualized approach for you, consider visiting our Ayurvedic practitioner by booking an appointment online
Basic Principles Of Ayurveda
- Modern lifestyle often breaks the rules of the natural way of life. Most of us a work for hours together using artificial light. In most cases, modern lifestyle does harm to our bodies in many ways than we can imagine. We do not follow a timely diet regimen, and what we eat is not made of the right ingredients. Coffee keeps us awake, alcohol soothes us, and we take medicines when we are ill. We do not know how to “switch off” our minds, how to feel good, which results in feeling physically and mentally stressed and drained all the time.
- Today, we have forgotten the instinctive knowledge our forefathers used to have, the knowledge that connected them to the cycles and rhythms of natural life. As a result, we often feel empty, dissatisfied and physically ill. Instead of living in harmony with our Earth, we have got used to unnatural habits which confuse the equilibrium of mind and body. Despite the luxury of modern times many people are depressed. We have sleeping disorders and simply cannot concentrate or relax. This lack of balance shows in addictions and illnesses that get to us much earlier than our life expectancy would suggest.
- The natural lifestyle that is based on some simple rules can prevent us from needing costly medical help and unnecessary suffering caused by a weakened condition. Ayurveda is useful in exploring and curing any physical or psychological illness. It shows you the path of self-care to maintain the equilibrium state that is required to stay in good health.